EASA network funding
Financial support for EASA network activities
The current funding round (for projects in 2019) is now closed. The rules are below. A total of €26000 was allocated; the funding must be spent by end of 2019; and a report of the final activity should be sent to the Networks Liaison Officer within one month of the completion of the activity.
EASA's Executive Committee has decided to financially support the work of the Association’s Networks in the following way:
- A total of €26000 was allocated up to the end of 2019.
- Each network may request between €500 and €2000 for an activity. Examples of activities that funding may support are seminars, conferences, and meetings.
- The Executive Committee particularly encourages collaborative applications, for instance for joint activities. In these instances the proposal can request €500-€2000 per collaborating network.
- The Executive Committee encourages networks to seek other sources of funding events in addition to funding from EASA.
- Members of each network should decide among themselves which activity they seek to apply for funding for; the network convenors are responsible for submitting the application.
- Applications must be made using the supplied template (see right hand side) and must provide both the project description and the budget.
- EASA will support expenses that are key to the successful delivery of the activity. This may include travel and accommodation for speakers, but these speakers should be paid-up members of EASA. Unlike in previous years, key expenses for successful delivery of an event (such as coffee for all activity or event delegates) may be included in the application for EASA Network Funding. Applicants should be aware that the Executive looks closely at value for money and that many activities can secure support from other sources, such as host institutions, including financial support and support in kind.
- In assessing applications, the Executive Committee will pay particular attention to the following three criteria:
- 1. The likely benefit of the activity to the vibrancy of the Network
- 2. The likely benefit of the activity to EASA members.
- 3. The value for money of the proposed activity.
- The application files should be emailed to EASA admin, membership(at)easaonline.org.
- If network convenors have not submitted the network annual report by the 30 November deadline, the network cannot apply for funds in the next round.
- A new network can only apply for funding after the Executive Committee has approved the network.
- The Executive Committee will evaluate the projects and decide which will be funded, and its decision will be final.
For funded projects
- The funding must be spent by the end of 2019;
- EASA's logo should be used on all programmes, folders, etc. created for the activity. This can be obtained from web(at)easaonline.org
After the activity
- Request for reimbursement with all original receipts should be sent to EASA membership admin: membership(at)easaonline.org.
- A report of the final activity should be sent to the Networks Liaison Officers (bastoscristiana(at)gmail.com and miia.halme(at)helsinki.fi; copying in membership(at)easaonline.org) within one month of the completion of the activity. It will be evaluated by the Executive Committee, and published in the Association’s newsletter.
- If a network event generates a surplus (for example, thanks to registration fees), this surplus needs to be transferred to the EASA account. EASA will use it for the network’s next event, up to the current maximum of €2,000 per event. If the surplus exceeds this amount, the balance will be credited to the general network budget so as to benefit others networks.