Anthropology of Economy Network Newsletters
Call for Contributions
The Newsletter of the Anthropology of Economy Network is published three times a year and is distributed through the Network’s mailing list. It is also available for download on the Network webpage. The purpose of the Newsletter is to inform on research, publication, teaching and other activities of Network members and collaborators and in this way stimulate cooperation, facilitate exchange and contribute to ongoing discussions and emerging interests in economic anthropology.
All network members are encouraged to contribute to the Newsletter. Ideally, contributions should be worded in their final form (i.e. the text can be copy and pasted directly into the newsletter); only light editing will be provided. The newsletter editor will let you know if anything is missing. Submissions should not exceed 250 words. Contact details are required; photos, illustrations or links to webpages containing further information are welcome.
The Newsletter is published in English. Announcements about events taking place in other languages are welcome, provided that the Newsletter announcements are in English. The section “Recent publications” welcomes references in all languages.
Please send your contributions or address any questions regarding the Newsletter to Detelina Tocheva (tocheva.detelina(at)gmail.com). For more information about the AoE Network see https://www.easaonline.org/networks/economy/
All network members are encouraged to send contributions to the following sections:
- Upcoming events - to inform on upcoming events organized by Network members.
- Recent events - to report on recent events either organized by members or in which members participated.
- In Focus - to provide a short insight into particular members’ new projects, research and teaching activities, or to inform about the launch of new initiatives relevant to economic anthropology. This section is intended for members to learn about each other’s work. All members are encouraged to present their activities and projects here as a means of introduction.
- Teaching - to provide information about and recommendations for teaching (including teaching programs and reading lists).
- Recent publications - to share information on recent publications (including reports and non-academic publications) by network members. Please provide full bibliographical information (including DOI, ISBN, if available), online link, discount codes, or image of book covers whenever possible.
- Perspectives, Notes and Queries - to make a statement, pose a question, or make an observation relevant to economic anthropology, broadly conceived. This space is intended as an informal forum for exchange with network members. Please include your email address for direct inquiries and exchanges with members. If you want to reply to a column, write a column or have an idea for one, please communicate with James G. Carrier: jgc(at)jgcarrier.demon.co.uk.
- Calls for papers, applications and similar - to notify about calls for presentations, papers, and applications to workshops, conferences, and academic posts. But please do not forget also to inform all members and supporters of the Network by using our mailing list: anthecon(at)lists.easaonline.org.