Call for new Editors of Social Anthropology
With the beginning of 2014, EASA is looking for new editors for its journal, Social Anthropology, as the period of the current editors will come to an end.
Hearings will be held during the EASA Conference in Tallinn.
Applications with CV should be sent to the Secretary
alberto.corsin-jimenez(at)cchs.csic.es by April 1, 2014.
- To recruit an Assistant Editor and Book Review Editor and coordinate their contributions as part of an editorial team.
- To plan future issues of the journal and to actively solicit manuscripts and themed issues from key figures and early-career scholars in the field (there is a travel allowance to attend international conferences to network).
- To manage incoming manuscripts in the publisher's system, Manuscript Central, and to review them prior to selection of international peer reviewers, to operate a system of international-standard review and revision, and to make final publication decisions.
- To edit final submissions and liaise effectively with the publisher on production matters and copy-editing.
- To compose editorial introductions to issues.
- To liaise with the EASA Executive Committee in matters of strategy and policy and to provide periodic reports on the journal's performance and direction.
- To liaise with the publisher and the International Advisory Board on matters of scholarly strategy and quality.